Schema Comparison and Synchronization Overview
Studio for SQL Server gives you a perfect opportunity to compare and synchronize schemas with many useful features. They include the following:
- Comparing and synchronizing two schemas.
- Schema comparison separates objects existing only in the Target or Source database, identical objects, and ones having the same name but with a different structure.
- Schema comparison results are displayed in a convenient document, easy for analysis and synchronization.
- Schema comparison is asynchronous. Based on your needs, you can stop the process at any moment.
Schema comparison includes object description. When any errors occur during the description, error notifications are shown. You can either stop or retry comparison, or ignore the errors. In case of fatal errors, schema comparison is automatically stopped.
- You can quickly synchronize the Target schema with the Source one or export a schema synchronization script.