dbForge Source Control is a Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) add-in designed to manage database changes in the best-known version control systems. With the help of the tool, you can version-control database schemas and data, roll back unwanted changes, handle static data conflicts, and maintain the integrity of the database. Using Source Control, you can easily link your database to SourceGear Vault, a commercial version control system and bug-tracking solution for developers. Vault was designed for users migrating from Microsoft Visual SourceSafe and provides nearly all features present in SourceSafe.
This topic explains how to link a database to SourceGear Vault.
1. In Object Explorer, right-click a database you want to link to source control and select Source Control > Link database to Source Control.
2. On the Link page of the Link Database to Source Control wizard that opens, click + in the Source control repository field.
3. In the Source Control Repository Properties dialog, choose SourceGear Vault as a source control system from the Source control system dropdown list and do the following:
Contact your system administrator to get proper settings for Server URL, User name, and Password.
4. Optional: Click Test to verify that the database can be successfully connected to source control.
5. Click OK to apply the changes and close the Source Control Repository Properties dialog.
7. Click Link to establish the connection between the database and source control.
The Refresh progress window opens automatically, showing the stages of the refresh operation. The linked database gets the following icon in Object Explorer.