dbForge Source Control is a Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) add-in that is designed to manage database changes in most well-known version control systems. With the help of the tool, you can version-control database schemas and data, roll back unwanted changes, handle static data conflicts, and maintain the integrity of the database. Using Source Control, you can easily link your database to SourceGear Vault, which is a commercial version control system and bug tracking solution for developers. Vault was designed for users migrating from Microsoft Visual SourceSafe and provides practically all features that were present in SourceSafe.
This topic explains how to link a database to SourceGear Vault.
1. In Object Explorer, right-click a database you want to link to source control.
2. Point to Source Control, and then click Link database to Source Control… on the shortcut menu.
The Link Database To Source Control wizard opens.
3. On the Link tab of the wizard, click ‘+’ in the Source control repository field.
The Source Control Repository Properties dialog box opens.
4. Select SourceGear Vault from the Source Control system drop-down list box.
5. In Source control settings, specify:
To get proper settings, contact your system administrator.
6. Click OK to close the Source Control Repository Properties dialog box.
7. Select a database development model. For more information, refer to the Dedicated model and Shared model topics.
8. Click Link. If a database is linked to source control successfully, a database icon in Object Explorer will be changed to show that a database is linked.