Performing Refactoring in SQL Script
This topic will explain how to use refactoring in SQL scripts and project objects. To rename a project object or change name of an object in a script using refactoring, perform the following steps:
- For project object, right-click the object name in the SQL editor or in Schema View and choose Rename on the shortcut menu.
To rename object in a script, open the code, right-click the object name in the SQL editor, and click Rename.
- The Rename window will appear. Enter a new object name.
- Use the corresponding check boxes to determine whether to search in text strings and comments and whether to preview changes, then click OK.
- If the Preview reference changes check box is selected, the Preview Changes dialog box will appear. Here you can preview, enable, and disable project changes.
- Click the Apply button to apply the selected changes, or click the Cancel button to cancel them.