Renaming database objects using refactoring implies making changes in all dependencies. This way all relations, foreign keys, and references will be kept. This topic gives description of performing renaming procedure of a database object using refactoring.
1. Select the object you want to rename in the Database Explorer tree and right-click it.
2. On the shortcut menu, point to Refactoring, and then click Rename.
3. In the Rename dialog box, enter the new name of the object and click OK.
4. In the Preview Changes window, view the changes that will be applied to your database. Clear the check boxes near the ones that you do not need.
5. Click Apply.
1. Double-click an object you want to rename.
2. Change the name and press ENTER.
3. In the message box, click Refactor.
4. In the appeared Preview Changes window, view the changes that will be applied to your database. Clear the check boxes near the ones that you do not need.
You can view changes that will be made to the database before applying them. For this, you can:
To rename an object with refactoring from object editor, you should:
You can also rename columns using refactoring in the table editor.
You can rename several columns at once using refactoring. To do this: