Setting up Schema Comparison
Comparing Two Schemas
- Open the New Schema Comparison wizard by doing any of these actions:
- Click the Type fields and select what you are going to compare (two schemas or a schema and a project) from the drop-down lists.
In the Connection fields, type or select the names of MySQL Server(s) connections required for comparison.
- If no connections are found, click the New button to create new ones. When the Database Connection Properties window opens, specify the properties of the server you want to connect to.
- You can edit the selected Source and Target connections by clicking the Edit buttons.
- In the drop-down lists of the Connection fields, you can click the Manage… link to open the Connection Manager dialog box. It will help you to create, edit, and delete database connections.
- In the Database fields, type or select the names of the required databases. Each Database field shows the list of all databases available on the selected MySQL server.
- (Optional) If you want to ignore some schema options during comparison, go to the Options wizard page.
- Click the Compare button to close the wizard and start the comparison.
- To save your time while selecting Source and Target databases, you can copy the details from one side of the wizard to the other by clicking the Copy buttons: to copy Source database details, to copy Target database details
- To swap the Source and Target databases, click the Swap button.
- To close the wizard and cancel the comparison, click the Cancel button.
To compare a schema and a project:
- Open a project to compare.
- Select Comparison, and then click New Schema Comparison on the top menu.
- In the Type field of Source or Target wizard part, select Project.
- Perform steps 3-5 as described above in the To Compare two schemas procedure.
- Click the OK button.
A schema and a project can’t be compared if a project build is not valid. Synchronization can’t be done, if a project was modified after the beginning of comparison.
The following statement from a project is ignored while comparing:
ALTER TABLE statement where more than one object is modified or where a column is modified.