Creating Initial Review for Project
The Initial Review option allows conducting a complete review of a project. This may be useful for a project being integrated in Review Assistant for the first time.
To create an initial review:
Click the Code Review Board button on the Review Assistant toolbar.
Click the down-arrow icon next to the Create Review button and select Create Initial Review from the drop-down list.
In case the All Projects filter is selected in the Active Project list box, the Review Creating dialog box will
appear prompting to select a project for the review.
Click Add Files.
The Select files to review dialog window will appear with a tree-view control. Select the necessary files and click OK.
To edit the list of selected files, click Edit Files in the Changes section of the review.
Enter the review data.
- The review tittle.
- Authors. By default, the author is a person who have created a review. You can manually add one or more authors from the drop-down list by clicking Add Author. To delete an author, click the delete icon Delete_User that pops up next to the field, when the mouse pointer is hovered over the field.
- Moderator. Assign the review Moderator. You can select an existing user(s) from the drop-down menu.
- Reviewers. You can add one or more reviewers by clicking Add Reviewer. To delete a reviewer, click the delete icon Delete_User that pops up next to the field, when the mouse pointer is hovered over the field.
- Watchers. These are team members that can monitor a review process. Watchers receive all review notifications and can see the review in My Review filter as if they were review participants. They can join a review any time if they want to add comments to a code.
- Comments. Add a description to the review. The description text will be transformed into a comment. The author of the comment will be a person who have created the review. This is not necessarily a code author.
Click Create to complete the review creation process.
After the review is created, you can add revisions to the review. You can add only the revisions that were
committed after the creation of the review.