Export SQL Server Data to Excel, CSV, XML, MS Access, and Text
With Data Pump, you can easily export data from one or several tables in SQL Server to the following file formats:
- HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language)*- a data storage format used for the web pages.
- Text - plain text format.
- XLS - Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- XLSX - Microsoft Excel 2007 spreadsheet.
MS Access - database of well-known Microsoft DBMS Access (2003, 2007+).
If you do not have Microsoft Office installed, you need to install Open XML SDK 2.5 for Microsoft Office to use the result Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- RTF - Rich Text Format from Microsoft.
- PDF (Portable Document Format) - file format, created by Adobe Systems for document exchange. (Only Latin charset data can be exported.)
- JSON - an open-standard format that uses human-readable text to transmit data objects consisting of attribute-value pairs.
- XML (XML Schema Definition) - XML data representation with data contained in attributes. Contains XML schema.
- CSV (Comma-separated values)* - another name for the comma-delimited format of data storage.
- ODBC (Open Database Connectivity)* - a data storage format used to access any data from any application.
- DBF - a database filename extension (Foxpro, dBase III, dBase IV, dBase 7). Other files can also be connected with DBF files, for example: .DBT (dBase III, IV, Clipper), .FPT (FoxBASE/FoxPro). While exporting data, ANSI charset is used.
SQL - format of the file that contains a SQL script.
- When using text/csv ODBC provider, on the Export Format page enter a file name with an extension in the Destination table name field, e.g., ‘table.csv’
- When exporting data to MS Excel format through ODBC provider, the following export limits exist:
- for export to MS Excel 2003 format - 65536 records
- for export to MS Excel 2007 format - 1 048 576 records
Data export to MS Excel (not through ODBC provider) is limited only by available system memory.
Data Pump includes the Data Export Wizard which allows you to select the following:
- data formats for each column
- additional options for each exported format
Based on your needs, you can save your selected export options into a template file for the further usage in the wizard.