Linking a Database to Plastic SCM and Other Systems
This topic explains how to link a database to Plastic SCM with preset config file and to other source control systems using editable template.
Before linking a database to Plastic CSM, ensure you have Plastic SCM client installed.
To link a database to Plastic SCM and Other Systems:
- In Database Explorer, right-click a database you want to link to source control.
Point to Source Control Tasks, and then click Link database to source control… on the shortcut menu.
The Link Database To Source Control wizard opens.
On the Link tab of the wizard, click ‘+’ in the Source control repository field.
The Source Control Repository Properties dialog box opens.
- Select Command Line Interaction from the Source Control system drop-down list box.
- In Source control settings, specify:
- Path to the Database folder.
- Required Command line configuration preset from the drop-down list box:
- To link a database to Plastic SCM, select Plastic SCM.
- To link a database to another system, select Template, and then modify it accordingly in the Command line configuration box.
- Specify Repository name.
- Click OK to close the Source Control Repository Properties dialog box.
- Select a database development model. For more information, refer to the Database Development Models topic.
Click Link. If a database is linked to source control successfully, a database icon in Database Explorer will be changed to show that a database is linked.