Installing dbForge Studio for Oracle
This topic describes how to install dbForge Studio for Oracle on Windows OS with the help of Devart dbForge Studio for Oracle Setup Wizard.
To work with 32-bit versions of Oracle client under the 64-bit versions of Windows, you need to install the 32-bit version of dbForge Studio for Oracle.
To install dbForge Studio for Oracle
- Run dbforgeoracle.exe to begin installation.
- On the Welcome to dbForge Studio for Oracle page, click Install.
- On the Select Destination page, select the directory where dbForge Studio for Oracle will be installed. To change the default directory, click Browse. To restore the default directory, click Restore default location. Optionally, click the Licence Agreement link to learn the End-User Agreement for dbForge Studio for Oracle. If you agree to the Devart dbForge Studio for Oracle License Terms, click Next.
- Optionally, on the Shortcuts page, select the additional shortcuts you would like the Setup Wizard to create while installing dbForge Studio for Oracle. There are two options available: Create a desktop icon and Add a shortcut to the start menu. Click Next.
- On the File Associations page, select the document types and file extensions that will be associated with this application when it is installed on your computer. Click Next.
- On the Startup Optimization page, specify whether you want to optimize the application startup time. There are three options available: Generate images for all assemblies during the installation (recommended), Generate images for all assemblies in the background, and Do not generate images. Click Next to start the installation.
- Optionally, on the Installing page, you can interrupt the installation by clicking the Cancel button.
- On the final page, click Finish to exit Setup wizard. Optionally, you can select the Launch dbForge Studio for Oracle option to start the application immediately after installation.