Materialized view is a database object, that contains the results of a query.
Using dbForge Fusion you can create, edit and delete materialized views.
Creating a Materialized View
- On the Devart - Standard toolbar, click New Database Object.
- Select the Materialized View type in the dialog.
- Input a materialized view name.
- Click Create. If specified name is unique, the materialized view editor appears.
- Type a query that will represent the materialized view.
- Optionally you can alter the name or change owner in which the new materialized view will be created.
- Optionally switch to the Options tab and set materialized view creation and refresh parameters.
- You can set materialized view storage options, indexes, constraints and partitioning settings in the same way that you do for tables.
For more information read Defining Table Structure and Partitioned Tables.
- Save the document.
Materialized views can be index-organized and clustered. To create index-organized or clustered materialized view select corresponding option on General tab. You can set additional parameters for clustered or index-organized materialized views just like setting these parameters for clustered or index-organized tables.
Editing a Materialized View
- In Database Explorer, expand the Materialize View folder.
- Select a required materialized view, and click Edit Materialized View in the shortcut menu.
To delete a materialized view, select a required materialized view, and click Delete in the shortcut menu.