Synchronizing Two Schemas
This topic explains how to perform simple database schema comparison and synchronization.
On the Fusion menu, select MySQL, and then click New Schema Comparison. The Schema Comparison wizard opens.
Comparing projects is available only in dbForge Studio for MySQL. The actual appearance of the window in Fusion for MySQL may slightly vary.
- Select the Source and Target connections. (You can edit selected connections or create a new one by either clicking the Edit button or the New button.) To quickly compare schemas, you can click the Compare button immediately after setting databases and skip step 3.
- To adjust comparison process, set the comparison options.
- Analyze comparison results, select the database objects you want to synchronize by checking the corresponding checkboxes.
- Select the data to synchronize in the grid with comparison results. (To do this, select checkboxes next to tables (or views) in the top grid. You may also select checkboxes next to individual records on the Only in Source, Only in Target, and Different Records tabs of the bottom grid).
- Click the Synchronize button on the Devart - Comparison toolbar to open the Schema Synchronization wizard.
- Select where to output the synchronization script in the wizard and then click the Synchronize button.