Unless activated, Data Compare for SQL Server works on the trial basis for 30 days. When this period expires, the tool must be activated with the purchased activation key.
Data Compare for SQL Server can be activated either online or offline.
This activation method requires an active Internet connection.
To activate Data Compare for SQL Server online:
1. If you have not purchased Data Compare for SQL Server, click Buy Now…
on the pop-up window that appears at the start of the Data Compare for SQL Server tool. If you already have your activation key, click Activate… Alternatively, click Activate Product on the Help menu.
2. The Activation window opens. Copy your activation key from the e-mail that was sent to you after your purchase, and paste it into the edit box. The activation key looks like a long sequence of letters and digits.
3. Click Activate.
If you do not see the e-mail with the activation key, check your Junk/ Spam/Bulk folders. You can always retrieve your activation key at your CustomerPortal page.
Offline activation allows activating dbForge Data Compare for SQL Server right at the Devart web site. This activation method helps activate the product when the online activation fails.
To activate dbForge Data Compare for SQL Server offline:
1. Click the Manual Activation button on the Activation window. It opens when online activation fails.
2. Copy the activation request text with the Copy to Clipboard button, or save it to a text file with the Save to File… button.
3. Open the Activate Product page of the Devart web site and paste the copied text in the text box. Click Download license. The license file with the .lic extension is downloaded to your computer.
4. Return back to the Activation window of dbForge Data Compare for SQL Server and click the Load license… button. Specify the location of the downloaded .lic file and click Open.
It is also possible to activate Schema Compare via the command line:
Open a command prompt.
Navigate to the folder where your product executable file is located.
Run a command with the following syntax:
datacompare /activate /key: