Including Columns in Query
To use a column in a query, you must add it to the query. You may add a column to display it in query output, to use it for sorting, to search the contents of the column, or to summarize its contents.
To add an individual column
In the Diagram Pane, select the check box next to the column that you want to include.
- In the Tabbed Editor, move to the first blank grid row, click the field in the Column column, and select a table and a column name from the drop-down list.
To add all columns for one table or table-valued object
- In the Diagram Pane, select the check box next to All Columns.
To add all columns for all tables and table-structured objects
- In the Design Pane, select all tables.
- Make sure no join lines in the Design Pane are selected.
- Right-click any table and select Select all columns on the shortcut menu.