Executing Large Scripts
dbForge Query Builder allows you to execute large scripts without opening SQL Editor and loading the whole script in memory. When you try to open a large script, you will be prompted to execute it with the help of Execute Script Wizard.
To execute a large script:
- On the Database menu, click Execute Large Script.
- In Connection, select a connection to a required database server against which you want to execute your script.
- In Database, select a required database from the drop-down list.
- In File name, specify the path to the script you want to execute.
- In SQL file encoding, ensure that the file encoding is selected correctly. The program automatically selects it basing on the script. If it fails, the default encoding (the current Windows encoding on the machine where the program is running) is selected. You can always select a required encoding from the drop-down list box.
- Click Execute to execute the script.
Tip: See all script execution messages in the Output window.