Query Execution History
The Execution History window allows you to view, search, and edit the executed queries. To open the window, click Execution History on the SQL toolbar. Alternatively, on the View menu, point to Other Windows and then click Execution History.
The window looks in the following way:
Setting Up Execution History behavior
To set up behavior of execution history:
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- In the Options dialog that opens, navigate to Environment > Documents > Execution History.
- To set the period for storing query execution history, in the Store executed queries within field, set the number of days to store executed queries. The default value is 60 days.
- Optional: Modify the folder path to store the execution history database, maximum script size to store, and timeframe for default output of execution history.
- Optional: To clear the execution history, click Clear execution history.
Filtering Execution History
To find the required query, you can:
- Type the search string into the Search box and specify query execution timeframe.
- Use sorting, grouping, and filtering.
To edit an executed query:
- Select the query in the list.
- In the text layout, right-click the object you want to edit and click Edit. The query will be opened in a new SQL document.
Exporting Execution History to a .CSV File Format
To export execution history to a .csv file format, click Export to CSV, specify a file name, and click Save.