With Data Pump, you don’t have to waste time configuring the same settings each time you want to import your data. You can configure them once, save them to a custom template file, and reuse them whenever it is required - for instance, if you need to perform daily import operations.
1. First, you need to configure the settings to be saved as a template. In Object Explorer, right-click a database, point to Data Pump, and click Import Data.
2. The actual configuration of settings may differ, depending on the format. You will find the full workflow for each format in the corresponding topic:
3. Once you have configured the settings for your future template in the wizard, click Save Template.
4. Specify the name and the location of your template file in the Save As dialog box and click Save.
That’s it! Now let’s see how effortless it is to load your template.
1. Once more, go to Object Explorer, right-click a database, point to Data Pump, and click Import Data to proceed to the Source file page.
2. In Categories, select Templates. Then find the saved template among User Templates and select it (for instance, in the screenshot below, it is called _txt_template).
3. Click Next. If necessary, make additional configurations. If not, simply click Import, and your import will be completed automatically.
With templates at hand, you can automate recurring data import operations using the command line.