Unless activated, dbForge Data Generator for SQL Server works on the trial basis for 30 days. When this time period expires, dbForge Data Generator for SQL Server must be activated with the purchased activation key.
dbForge Data Generator for SQL Server can be activated either online, or offline.
This activation method requires an active Internet connection.
To activate dbForge Data Generator for SQL Server online:
1. If you have not purchased dbForge Data Generator for SQL Server, click Buy Now on the pop-up window that appears at the start of dbForge Data Generator for SQL Server. If you already have your activation key, click Activate.
Alternatively, click Activate Product on the Help menu.
2. The Activation window opens. Copy your activation key from the e-mail that was sent to you after your purchase, and paste it into the edit box. The activation key looks like a long sequence of letters and digits.
3. Click Activate.
If you do not see the e-mail with the activation key, check your Junk/ Spam/Bulk folders. You can always retrieve your activation key at your CustomerPortal page.
Offline activation allows activating dbForge Data Generator for SQL Server right at the Devart web site. This activation method helps activating the product when the online activation fails.
To activate dbForge Data Generator for SQL Server offline:
1. Click the Manual Activation button on the Activation window. It opens when online activation fails.
2. Copy the activation request text with the Copy to Clipboard button, or save it to a text file with the Save to File… button.
3. Open the Manual Product Activation page of the Devart web site, and paste the copied text in the text box. Click Download license. The license file with the .lic extension is downloaded to your computer.
4. Return back to the Activation window of dbForge Data Generator for SQL Server and click the Load license button. Specify the location of the downloaded .lic file and click Open.
It is also possible to activate Data Generator via the command line:
1. Open a command prompt.
2. Navigate to the folder where your product executable file is located.
3. Run a command with the following syntax:
datagenerator.com /activate /key:
You need to enter or paste your activation key after the colon symbol.