Including Columns in Query
To use a column in a query, you must add it to the query. You may add a column to display it in query output, to use it for sorting, to search the contents of the column, or to summarize its contents.
To add an individual column
- In Diagram Pane, select the check box next to the column that you want to include.
- In Tabbed Editor, move to the first blank grid row, click the field in the Column column, and select a table and a column name from the drop-down list.
To add all columns for one table or table-valued object
- In Diagram Pane, select the check box next to (All Columns).
To add all columns for all tables and table-structured objects
- In the Design Pane, select all tables.
- Make sure no join lines in the Design Pane are selected.
- Right-click any table and select Select all columns on the shortcut menu.