Working With Privileges
Security Manager allows granting and revoking system and object privileges easily. This topic describes how to work with system privileges and privileges on database objects.
Granting and Revoking System Privileges
- Open Security Manager.
- Select a user account or role in the left part of Security Manager.
- Switch to the System tab.
- Select check boxes opposite to the required privileges to grant them, and clear the check boxes to revoke already granted privileges.
- Click Save on the Security Manager toolbar to apply changes.
Granting and Revoking Privileges on Database Objects
Privileges on database objects can be granted on the Object tab of Security Manager.
To give a user or role some privileges on a database object, perform the following actions.
- Open Security Manager by selecting the Security Manager icon from the Database menu or selecting Edit Privileges from the shortcut menu of database object node in Database Explorer.
- Select a user account or role in the left part of Security Manager and switch to the Object tab.
- Select a database object to grant privileges on in the Objects tree. After selecting an object you will see the list of available privileges.
- Assign privileges to a user (account) or role by checking them in the available privileges list.
- Click Save on the Security Manager toolbar.
The grid at the bottom of the Security Manager Object tab contains the current privileges of the user (account) or role.
You can revoke selected privilege:
- Double-click it.
- Select Revoke Selected Privilege from the shortcut menu.
- Press CTRL+DELETE keys.
- Click the delete button near the list.
To revoke all assigned privileges, select Revoke All Privileges from the shortcut menu or click the clear results button near the list.
Available privileges for different database objects are listed at the table below:
Privileges for Different Databases