What’s New in dbForge Studio for SQL Server, v3.0
dbForge Studio for SQL Server is renamed to dbForge Studio for SQL Server and incorporates such tools as SQL Complete, Data Studio, Schema Compare, Data Compare and Query Builder for SQL Server.
dbForge Studio for SQL Server comes in four editions:
- Free Express edition with basic functionality for database development
- Standard edition extends the Express edition’s functionality with T-SQL Debugger, Query Profiler, advanced SQL Coding Assistance features, etc.
- Professional fully-featured edition that provides additional functionality
- Data edition includes all the functionality of the discontinued dbForge Data Studio for SQL Server
Major New features
- Table Designer:
- Visual editors for table properties
- Editor for table creation script
- Tables rebuild when complex changes are introduced
- Changes preview before modifying a database object
- Database Diagram:
- Visual editing, easy manipulation, and scaling
- Containers for grouping objects
- Printing large diagrams
- Virtual connections
- T-SQL Debugger integrated into the stored procedure editor allows starting debugging from the Database Explorer tree
- Query Profiler for locating bottlenecks and optimizing query execution time with advanced options unavailable in a standard tool
- Security Manager that incorporates visual editors for logins, users, and roles; batch object editing, etc.
- Generate Script As in Database Explorer feature is added
- Procedure, function, synonym, and sequence editors is added