What’s New in dbForge Studio for SQL Server, v2.0
Taking into account our users needs and expectations we have integrated the functionality of SQL Complete Express Edition into dbForge Data Studio for SQL Server. Owing to that, the new release introduces users to the following enhancements:
- Context-sensitive code completion and object suggestions for SELECT, DML, DROP, EXEC, SET, and USE statements
- Smart filtering of the suggestion list based on user input
- Parameter information for functions
- Quick object information available from SQL editor
- SQL formatting with rich options (limited to the set of statements mentioned above)
- A few other minor features
Query builder can now work with INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE statements
Thanks to the Visual Query Builder users can create INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE statements. Together with extending the types of edited queries, we have improve general usability of the tool and fixed many bugs.
The updated query builder facilitates the process of creating queries and makes it even more intuitive.
Automated data report delivery
This feature enables users to set an automatic data report generation and delivery to a requester.
Setup of report’s generation and delivery can be executed in the command line, providing an opportunity to use Windows scheduler for regular reports generation:
- A format for report generation can be chosen
- Report delivery method can be chosen: e-mail, ftp, shared folder
Data export to SQL statements
- Possibility to export data to INSERT, UPDATE, and MERGE statements
- Ability to export data from a table or data grid using a wizard
- Quick export from data grid without opening wizard
- New extended data reports
- Custom query result comparison ( the results of specific queries can be compared)
- One-to-many objects mapping when addressing columns that were separated as a table in the target database
- Possibility to include objects into comparison by mask, which is useful when comparing groups of tables
- Improved analysis of comparison results
- Improved data synchronization
Convenient work with result sets of several SELECT queries
If there is more than one SELECT statement in a document, query results will be displayed on separate tabs in the Data window after execution.
SQL Server 2012 and SQL Azure Support
New release of Data Studio includes full support for new version of SQL Server and functionality allowing users to work with Microsoft Cloud SQL services, knows as SQL Azure.
- User interface skins support is added.