What’s New in dbForge Studio for Oracle, v.3.1
150 improvements in the code autocompletion system
Nearly 150 changes and improvements are made in the dbForge Studio for Oracle component that helps users edit PL/SQL code. Among them:
- Oracle SQL and PL/SQL syntax support is expanded
- Work of quick info hints for schema objects is improved
- Keywords case is changed automatically on typing (if the corresponding options are set)
- Usability shortcomings and errors are fixed
SQL document works with additional PL/SQL file types:
- Support for editing .pls, .plb, .pks, .pkb, .pck Oracle PL/SQL files is added
- Support for editing files with PL/SQL code created in some competitors’ products is added
Data export to SQL statements
- Possibility to export data to INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, and MERGE statements is added
- Data can be exported from a table or data grid using a wizard
- Quick export from data grid without opening wizard
Convenient work with result sets of several SELECT queries
If there is more than one SELECT statement in a document, after execution query results will be displayed on separate tabs in the Data window.
Such an approach allows working with each data set independently.
Editing data of object fields
The new product version provides possibility to edit data in object fields in tables using a pop-up editor.
Support for editing temporary tables
There is a capability to create and edit temporary tables in Table Editor.
Document Outline window for code navigation is improved
- Grouping nodes by IF, FOR, etc. flow-control statements blocks is added
- Displaying labels and navigation among them is added
More convenient working with query execution plan
- Quick query plan obtaining (without turning the Profiling mode on) is added
- Displaying of the EXPLAIN PLAN results without creating an additional table in the user’s scheme is added
- Time required on application startup and connection opening is reduced
- Building of the Database Explorer tree, refreshing it, and receiving table list is quicker now
- Getting metadata for code completion becomes faster
- Work of Schema Export with large amount of objects and data is improved
- Data Editor working speed is increased
- Object Viewer and Property Browser windows working speed is increased
- Navigation to schema object editors from code is improved
Win-x64 Native Support
Now, the application does not require 32-bit Oracle client software installed when working with 64-bit Windows operating system - the application works with 64-bit Oracle client software.