Installation using the installation wizard
In this topic, you’ll learn how to install dbForge Studio for MySQL on Windows OS with the help of the Devart dbForge Studio for MySQL Setup Wizard.
If you need to install the GUI on Linux or macOS, feel free to refer to the How to install dbForge Studio on Linux & macOS topic.
dbForge tools can be installed using the installation wizard or from the command line.
To install dbForge Studio for MySQL
- Run dbforgemysql.exe to begin installation.
- On the Welcome to dbForge Studio for MySQL page, click Install.
- On the Select Destination page, select the directory where dbForge Studio for MySQL will be installed. To change the default directory, click Browse. Optionally, click the License Terms link to learn End-User Agreement for dbForge Studio for MySQL. If you agree to the Devart dbForge Studio for MySQL License Terms, click Next.
- Optionally, on the Shortcuts page, select the additional shortcuts you would like the Setup Wizard to create while installing. There are two options available: Create a desktop icon and Add a shortcut to the start menu. Click Next.
- On the File Associations page, select the document types and file extensions that will be associated with this application when it is installed on your computer. Click Next.
- On the Startup Optimization page, specify whether you want to optimize the application startup time. There are three options available: Generate images for all assemblies during the installation (recommended), Generate images for all assemblies in the background, and Do not generate images. Click Next to start the installation.
- Optionally, on the Installing page, you can interrupt the installation by clicking the Cancel button.
- On the final page, click Finish to exit Setup wizard. Optionally, you can select the Launch dbForge Studio for MySQL option to start the application immediately after installation.