Windows DSN Configuration
After installing the driver, create a DSN for QuickBooks in the ODBC Data Source Administrator.
- Open the ODBC Data Source Administrator.
ODBC Data Sources in the Windows search box and choose the application that matches the bitness of the third-party application (32-bit or 64-bit). You can also open ODBC Data Sources from Control Panel > Administrative Tools. Note that before Windows 8, the icon was named Data Sources (ODBC).
- Alternatively, you can run
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe to create a 32-bit DSN or
C:\Windows\System32\odbcad32.exe to create a 64-bit DSN.
- Select the User DSN or System DSN tab. Most applications work with both types, yet some applications require a specific type of DSN.
- Click Add. The Create New Data Source dialog will appear.
- Select Devart ODBC Driver for QuickBooks and click Finish. The driver setup dialog will open.
- Click Connect to QuickBooks.
- In the Web Login dialog box, sign in with Google or enter your QuickBooks account credentials and click Sign in.
- Enter the code that you received from QuickBooks and click Continue.
- Click Connect to allow the driver to view and update your data.
- The company id and refresh token will be filled in automatically.
- You may test the connectivity by clicking Test Connection.
- Click OK to save the DSN.