Schema Export and Import
With dbForge Fusion for Oracle, you can perform a full schema export or export only selected schema objects. To call Schema Export Wizard, in the Fusion menu,
point to Oracle, and then click Schema Export.
To export the whole schema with Schema Export Wizard
- Select a connection, a schema to export, export script file name and location. Click Next.
- Select Structure and Data, check Include all objects. Click Next.
- Set the export options. Click Next.
- Specify the errors processing behavior and logging options. Click Export.
- Select whether to open the export script file in SQL Editor. Click Finish.
To export some schema objects with the Schema Export Wizard
- Select a connection, a schema to export, script file name and location, click Next.
- Select a required data, object types and proper schema objects to export. Click Next.
- Set the export options, click Next.
- Specify errors processing behavior and logging options, click Export.
- Select whether to open export script file in SQL Editor. Click Finish.
To import schema from the export script, use the Schema Import Wizard.
To call the Schema Import Wizard and import the schema from the export script:
- In the Fusion menu, point to Oracle, and then click Schema Import.
- Select an export script file to import and a target schema. If an export script file contains the CREATE DATABASE statement, the data will be imported to the created schema, not to the selected one.
- Ensure that the encoding for the imported file is selected correctly. The application selects it automatically based on the imported file; if it fails, the default encoding (the current Windows encoding on the machine where dbForge Fusion for Oracle is running) is selected. You can always select a required encoding from the drop-down list box.
- Click Import.
If you export and import schema in different Oracle versions, you may encounter errors.
dbForge Fusion does not export Long, LongRaw, Blob, Clob, NClob, BFile, XmlType and abstract data type data. Instead it generates statements, inserting NULL.