Data import is a process of converting data stored in one format into another.
dbForge Fusion automates this process and offers a wizard to guide you. You will get a correct and painless way to:
- Import data into a table from MS Access (2003, 2007+), CSV, DBF (Foxpro, dBase III, dBase IV, dBase 7), MS Excel, Text, XML formats
- Migrate data from other servers
- Customize the import
One more benefit is that you can optimize your import by saving the import settings as a template for future usage for importing data with the help of the wizard, and
get a customized import immediately next time.
To import data using the Data Import wizard, you need to do simple steps:
- Select an import format and a file with the data that you want to import.
- Select a destination table.
- Adjust data formats for the Source data.
- Set additional options to customize the import.
- Set a correspondence between the Source file content and columns of the Target table.
- Select a data processing mode, e.g., whether to add the records to the Target table or update the existing ones, or both.
- Define how dbForge Fusion should handle errors during import and whether to write a log file.