With dbForge Fusion you can easily export data from one or several tables to the following file formats:
- HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language)*- a data storage format used for the web pages.
- Text - plain text format.
- XLS - Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- XLSX - Microsoft Excel 2007 spreadsheet.
- MS Access - database of well-known Microsoft DBMS Access (2003, 2007+).
If you do not have Microsoft Office installed, you need to install Open XML SDK 2.5 for Microsoft Office to use the result Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- RTF - Rich Text Format from Microsoft.
- PDF (Portable Document Format) - file format, created by Adobe Systems for document exchange. (Only Latin charset data can be exported.)
- JSON - an open-standard format that uses human-readable text to transmit data objects consisting of attribute-value pairs.
- XML (XML Schema Definition) - XML data representation with data contained in attributes. Contains XML schema.
- CSV (Comma-separated values)* - another name for the comma-delimited format of data storage.
- ODBC (Open Database Connectivity)* - a data storage format used to access any data from any application.
- DBF - a database filename extension (Foxpro, dBase III, dBase IV, dBase 7). Other files can also be connected with DBF files, for example: .DBT (dBase III, IV, Clipper), .FPT (FoxBASE/FoxPro). While exporting data, ANSI charset is used.
- SQL - format of the file that contains a SQL script.
When using text/csv ODBC provider, on the Export Format page enter a file name with an extension in the Destination table name field, e.g., ‘table.csv’.
When exporting data to MS Excel format through ODBC provider, the following export limits exist:
- for export to MS Excel 2003 format - 65536 records
- for export to MS Excel 2007 format - 1 048 576 records
Data export to MS Excel (not through ODBC provider) is limited only by available system memory.
dbForge Fusion gives a simple way to export data both from Database Explorer and the grid. Using Database Explorer, you can select any table for export in seconds. Also you can compose a complex query, execute it, and then select exported data from the grid.
dbForge Fusion includes the Data Export Wizard which allows you to select the following:
- data formats for each column
- additional options for each exported format
Based on your needs, you can save your selected export options into a template file for the further usage in the wizard.
dbForge Fusion also includes the Export Data to SQL wizard that allows you to export data from tables to SQL.