Executing Large Scripts
Documenter allows you to execute large scripts without opening script in the SQL editor and loading the whole script in memory. When you try to open a large script, you will be prompted to execute it instead with the help of the Execute Script Wizard.
To execute a large script, do the following:
- To open the Execute Script Wizard, go to the Database, and then select Execute Large Script.
- Click the Connection field to select a connection to a required database server against which you want to execute your script. In the drop-down lists of the field you can click the Manage… link to open the Connection Manager dialog box. It will help you to create a connection if necessary.
- Click the Schema drop-down list to select a required from the list of those schemas that are available on the selected database server.
- In the File name box, specify the path to the script you want to execute.
- In the SQL file encoding field, check that the file encoding is selected correctly. The program automatically selects it basing on the script, if it fails, the default encoding (the current Windows encoding on the machine where the program is running) is selected. You can always select a required encoding from the drop-down list.
- Click Execute to execute the script.
Tip: See all script execution messages in the Output window.