After you’ve have compared the data sources, the results are displayed in the upper pane. The grid shows all the objects you can select for synchronization. When you first run the comparison, the objects in a grid are grouped by Type of difference.
If you want to compare the data sources again using the same configurations and update the comparison results, click the Refresh button on the toolbar or press F5.
You can either expand or collapse object groups in a grid by clicking a right arrow button next to the group name.
The grid displays source and target objects, a schema they belong to and a number of different and identical records in an object. Use checkboxes to include or exclude objects and records for synchronization.
To view the visible columns, select an object in a grid and click the Visible Columns button below the grid.
A Visible Columns window will be displayed where you can select columns to be included in the synchronization.
Data Compare for SQL Server allows filtering objects in a grid when viewing the comparison results. You can select to display:
To apply objects filtering:
1. Click the down arrow near the Filter button on the Comparison toolbar.
2. Select the required option in the drop-down menu. Note, that several options can be selected at a time.
To clear filtering:
1. Click the down arrow near the Filter button on the toolbar.
2. Select All from the drop-down menu.
To search for objects, type the search text in the Search box.
As you type, objects that match what you type appear in the grid.
Data Compare searches only object names. You can not search schemas with its help.
- The search is not case-sensitive.
- To clear the Search box click the button.